Tuesday, October 21

The 6 Month Recap

Hey bloggies!

So I guess I may start to spend more time writing here again. I find that writing (or typing) is actually a really good way to take my mind off negative thoughts. It's always good to look back and remember the good things and blessings in life, rather than to dwell on the negative. Plus I believe that both happiness and negativity are contagious; so I'd very much like to rub off my positivity to others.
Ah, spread the love~

Anywaaaaay, life's been treating me well lately, to say the very least. I've learned to play the ukulele for about half a year now, and it's really fun. TJ and I used to hang out at cafes on lazy afternoons and I'd arm myself with some paper, a pen, and my sister's ukulele (borrowed from her cuz I couldn't afford my own. hehe) and learn simple chords to some songs. Ecole P in Damansara Uptown was my favourite place to do this.
=)

TJ gave me a ukulele for my birthday, and I played it and sang at my brother's wedding earlier this month. It was an honour to sing on their big day, and I wish the newlyweds every happiness!

I've also started to learn songwriting recently, but that's an entirely different ballgame altogether. Hopefully one day when I get the hang of it, I'll be able to write songs and play them for the people who bring happiness to my life.
~

Daddy's also been helping me start a new hobby, so he bought me a camera. Thanks, Daddy! It's so new that I haven't even unboxed it yet. Lol, he just gave it to me this week. I'll probably explore it later tonight and bring it out tomorrow since it's a public holiday. Yay, I can hardly wait!


So much to do, yet so little time. I've been trying to workout as much as I can as well. Though I'm nowhere near having six-packs as yet, project #racetosix is still very much alive and seeing gradual results. Yay! But my target for early-November is turning into a pipe dream. I think I may have to extend my deadline to be more realistic. I'm gonna try for end of March 2015. Haha!

Also, I've ordered a new dragon boating paddle, which has yet to arrive. Hoping that I'll get it before this weekend so that I'll get to use it on Saturday. We're now training for our next race; it's gonna be on November 8 & 9  at Clarke Quay in Singapore. So excited cuz it's our first race outside of Malaysia. Wheee~

After the race, dragon boat training will probably slow down a bit for me (until the next season starts), so I'll get to spend more time doing yoga on weekends again. Yup, TJ and I started attending yoga classes on weekends some months ago, but we haven't been able to go recently cuz of my busy weekend training schedule. I'm as stiff as a board, hopefully more stretching and bending sessions will help fix that. Wish me luck!

I can't believe it's already coming to the end of October! Time really flies. But well, it's been a really good year so far.. And I'm gonna make the next 2 months the best of it!
;)

3 comments:

William said...

Ukelele, camera, dragon-boating, yoga, 6-packs. You have a lot on your plate!

Ash Godiva said...

why don't you sing a song and post it on youtube like you used to?but now with ukulele:D

the viennamese said...

WIlliam, hahaha. Yeah, The jack of all trades, master of none.

Ash, oh wow why didn't I think of that! I surely will now! ;)