Monday, December 24

Happy Christmas

It's probably my first time spending Christmas night alone tonight (or it may be the second time around? I dunno, I forget). I've 2 bottles of wine, a Christmas tree, and an attention-seeking cat. What more could I ask for? I'm alone, but not lonely.

Tonight also marks my first month being in Taipei. I'm glad I'm where I am today.

The first week in Taipei was difficult. Whilst searching for a place to stay, I spent 7 nights in 3 different hotels, and the depressing, gloomy weather didn't help. Living out of a suitcase from a temporary room in a city I were to call "home" for the next 3 months made me question my decision to leave KL, really.

It all changed when I finally found a place, thanks to my Taiwanese friend, Ethan. The apartment I live in is awesome! There's a busy back-alley street just downstairs, and I'm not more than a 5-minute walk to the nearest MRT station, several bus stops, a ubike stop, a large temple, Carrefour, Watsons, Family Mart, at least four different 7-Elevens! The place is so convenient!

Life in Taipei has been treating me well since. I've found a clique of good friends who have welcomed me into their circle, and the Taiwanese are very hospitable. Touch wood, I've yet to meet anyone who's unfriendly or rude. Even the bus drivers here are usually helpful and polite.

Anyway, I'm kinda tipsy now since I've chugged down an entire bottle of Bordeaux, so excuse me but I'll have to continue this discourse another time.

May you all have a very Merry Christmas.

Much love. xoxo

3 comments:

William said...

Good to hear that you've settled down. Merry Christmas!

Aiden said...

Its always so nice when things finally fall into place. Glad to know that things are good! Happy new year!

the viennamese said...

Thanks for your kind wishes William & Aiden. Happy 2019 to you too!
(=