Monday, January 11

Untraveled Passages

Hey bloggies!

Well my last post may have been a tad too emotional. But I was feeling rather dispirited at the time I published it, and there was a reason for me to log it here. Perhaps someday I could look back and ponder over some grog.

Anyhoos, many thanks for those of you who have taken the effort to check up on me. I really appreciate the concern. It's times like these when I know who my true friends are.
=)

For those of you who haven't managed to connect the dots yet, I entered 2016 single.

It's been almost a month since we broke up.
Our relationship lasted exactly 2 years and 9 months.
Everything has been different since, and I foresee more changes to come.

Am I afraid? I was, but I'm unsure now.
The future is uncertain, and I've tread into unknown territories.

But you know what? I'm starting to feel that if we care too much about the future, then we may start to lose the meaning of the present. I think that sometimes we have to be daring enough to live and appreciate the 'now', and let our future map itself as we go along. We say that "the sky's the limit", so we shouldn't be fixated beneath a roof that we've built.

Because really, at this point, I don't see what could I possibly be afraid of anymore.

5 comments:

thompsonboy said...

Its not wrong to care too much about the future but it's wrong to care too much about it revolving around a guy. Now that's the problem with gay men. I am building my future with or without him, nor am I changing it because of one or two or three guys that come along the way

Khai said...

Hey, be strong....

the viennamese said...

thompsonboy, yeah. I do agree that we should care about our future, in terms of education, career, finances, family, retirement planning, etc. But "caring too much for the future" in the context of this post is in reference to a gay person's love life.

Khai, I will be. Thank you.

William said...

Sorry to hear about this but from your recent posts I can see that you've picked up the pieces and started moving on. *Hugs*

the viennamese said...

Thanks William. Well, yes I have. There's no other choice anyway. I'm doing ok. Hugs